From Shawna Qian <shaw...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject using the proxy on the cli or configHelper to connect to cassandra server
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:00:44 GMT
Hello:

In our cassandra settings, we need to specify the proxy to access the
cassandra: if using the java code, it will be like this:

Proxy proxy = new Proxy(Proxy.Type.SOCKS, new
InetSocketAddress("socks.corp.yahoo.com", 1080));
Socket socket = new Socket (proxy);
socket.connect(new InetSocketAddress(cassieHostName, cassiePort));
TSocket tsokect =  new TSocket(socket);
TTransport tr = new TFramedTransport(tsokect);

But I am not sure how to specify this in the cassandra-cli.  Also if I use
configHelper in hadoop jobs, how can I specify the proxy information?

Thx
Shawna