From Roshan Dawrani <roshandawr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 0.8.5: Column name mystery in create column family command
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 09:46:45 GMT
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>wrote:

> When you say
>
>  comparator=BytesType
>

> You are telling cassandra that the column names in the CF's are just
> bytes. But when you create the column meta data you are specifying the
> column names as strings.
>
> use UTF8Type as the comparator.

Hi,

I get that now (after Samal's reply in this thread). My question is that I
have at leats 4-5 similar CFs where I earlier used BytesType comparator and
similar column names in column metadata and they all got the column names
right in the Cassandra schema changes done.

Why am I seeing the error only now with this particular CF?

Cheers,
Roshan