From Chong Zhang <chongz.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject tokens and RF for multiple phases of deployment
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 15:20:25 GMT
Hi all,

We are planning to deploy a small cluster with 4 nodes in one DC first, and
will expend that to 8 nodes, then add another DC with 8 nodes for fail over
(not active-active), so all the traffic will go to the 1st cluster, and
switch to 2nd cluster if the whole 1st cluster is down or on maintenance.

Could you provide some guide on how to assign the tokens in this growing
deployment phases? I looked at some docs but not very clear on how to
assign tokens on the fail-over case.
Also if we use the same RF (3) in both DC, and use EACH_QUORUM for write
and LOCAL_QUORUM for read, can the read also reach to the 2nd cluster? We'd
like to keep both write and read on the same cluster.

Thanks in advance,
Chong