From Bryan Fernandez <bfernande...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating a column family from one cluster to another
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 16:37:52 GMT
Greetings,

We presently have a single six node cluster, but are looking to distribute
our data model across multiple clusters. What would be the recommended
approach to migrating a few column families from a six node cluster to a
three node cluster? I am under the impression that a snapshot of a column
family on a single node would potentially be only 1/6 of the data present
in the column family across the cluster. I guess what we are looking for is
something like a mysql table dump that would could import into a new
cluster with an arbitrary node count.  What's the best practice for this
type of a data migration?

Thanks,

Bryan