From paul cannon <p...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: odd CQL behavior
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 18:41:30 GMT
Very sadly, no.  It's not (yet?) meant to be a particularly good
interactive language, so the only "function" in cql is COUNT(), and that's
really just special syntax. It seems, though, that you might actually be
better off with a key of type 'ascii' or 'text', if that's how you expect
to work with it.  Would it be an option to adjust that table?

The ASSUME-changes-outgoing-cql ticket (CASSANDRA-3799) would also help, so
maybe keep an eye on that.