From Conan Cook <conan.c...@amee.com>
Subject Re: Keyspace lost after restart
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 08:40:39 GMT
Hi,

OK we're pretty sure we dropped and re-created the keyspace before
restarting the Cassandra nodes during some testing (we've been migrating to
a new cluster).  The keyspace was created via the cli:

create keyspace m7
  with placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy'
  and strategy_options = {us-east: 3}
  and durable_writes = true;

I'm pretty confident that it's a result of the issue I spotted before:

Does anyone know whether this also affected versions before 1.1.0?  If not
then we can just roll back until there's a fix; we're not using our cluster
in production so we can afford to just bin it all and load it again.  +1
for this being a major issue though, the fact that you can't see it until
you restart a node makes it quite dangerous, and that node is lost when it
occurs (I also haven't been able to restore the schema in any way).

Thanks very much,

Conan