From Rob Coli <>
Subject Re: Number of keyspaces
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 18:12:08 GMT
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:56 AM, samal <> wrote:
> Not ideally, now cass has global memtable tuning. Each cf correspond to
> memory  in ram. Year wise cf means it will be in read only state for next
> year, memtable  will still consume ram.

An empty memtable seems unlikely to consume a meaningful amount of
RAM. I'm sure by reading the code I could estimate how little memory
is involved, but I'd be surprised if it is over a few megabytes. This
is independent from the other overhead associated with a CF being
defined, of course.

=Robert Coli
YAHOO - rcoli.palominob
SKYPE - rcoli_palominodb