From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra 1.0.9 error - "Read an invalid frame size of 0"
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:14:34 GMT
Are you using framed transport on the client side ?

Try the Hector user list for hector specific help https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/hector-users

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/05/2012, at 5:44 AM, Gurpreet Singh wrote:

> This is hampering our testing of cassandra a lot, and our move to cassandra 1.0.9.
> Has anyone seen this before? Should I be trying a different version of cassandra?
>
> /G
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Gurpreet Singh <gurpreet.singh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i have created 1 node cluster of cassandra 1.0.9. I am setting this up for testing reads/writes.
>
> I am seeing the following error in the server system.log
>
> ERROR [Selector-Thread-7] 2012-05-10 22:44:02,607 TNonblockingServer.java (line 467)
Read an invalid frame size of 0. Are you using TFramedTransport on the client side?

> Initially i was using a old hector 0.7.x, but even after switching to hector 1.0-5 and
thrift version 0.6.1, i still see this error.
> I am using 20 threads writing/reading from cassandra. The max write batch size is 10
with payload size constant per key to be 600 bytes.