From Luís Ferreira <zamith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of keyspaces
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:31:04 GMT
I have 24 keyspaces, each with a columns family and am considering changing it to 1 keyspace
with 24 CFs. Would this be beneficial?
On May 22, 2012, at 12:56 PM, samal wrote:

> Not ideally, now cass has global memtable tuning. Each cf correspond to memory  in ram.
Year wise cf means it will be in read only state for next year, memtable  will still consume
ram.

> On 22-May-2012 5:01 PM, "Franc Carter" <franc.carter@sirca.org.au> wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> It's more the number of CF's than keyspaces.
>
> Oh - does increasing the number of Column Families affect performance ?
>
> The design we are working on at the moment is considering using a Column Family per year.
We were thinking this would isolate compactions to a more manageable size as we don't update
previous years.

> cheers
>

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 22/05/2012, at 6:58 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:
>
>> Yes, it does. However there's no real answer what's the limit: it depends on your
hardware and cluster configuration.

>> You might even want to search the archives of this mailinglist, I remember this has
been asked before.

>> Cheers!
>>
>> 2012/5/21 Luís Ferreira <zamith.28@gmail.com>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does the number of keyspaces affect the overall cassandra performance?
>>

>> Cumprimentos,
>> Luís Ferreira
>>

>> --
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> Robin Verlangen
>> www.robinverlangen.nl
>>

> --
> Franc Carter | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
> franc.carter@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au
> Tel: +61 2 9236 9118
> Level 9, 80 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
> PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215

Cumprimentos,
Luís Ferreira