From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Query on how to count the total number of rowkeys and columns in them
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 06:22:13 GMT
Hi

I am trying to learn Cassandra and I have one doubt. I am using the Thrift API, to count the
number of row keys I am using KeyRange to specify the row keys. To count all of them, I specify
the start and end as "new byte[0]". But the count is set to 100 by default. How do I use this
method to count the keys if I don't know the actual number of keys in my Cassandra database?
Please help me

Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.