incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ron Siemens <rsiem...@greatergood.com>
Subject 1.0.6 -> 1.1.0 nodetool ownership report, and other anomalies
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 22:08:11 GMT

I upgraded to 1.0.6 to 1.1.0, and I noticed the effective ownership report changed.

I have a 3-node cluster, with evenly divided tokens and RF=2.  The node tool report on 1.0.6
was:

33.33%  0                                           
33.33%  56713727820156410577229101238628035243      
33.33%  113427455640312821154458202477256070485

Under 1.1.0 it is

66.67%  0                                           
66.67%  56713727820156410577229101238628035243      
66.67%  113427455640312821154458202477256070485

Does the updated reporting in 1.1.0 include the replicated data and before it didn't?


As long as I'm posting, I'll report other anomalies that I witnessed but overcame.

I eventually gave up trying to do a live rolling update because it complained certain column
families didn't exist.  Like this:  This doesn't appear to be any CF I am using.

ERROR [ReadStage:69680] 2012-05-02 01:54:14,995 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133) Fatal
exception
in thread Thread[ReadStage:69680,5,main]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown CF 1851
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1238)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown CF 1851
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getColumnFamilyStore(Table.java:167)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getColumnFamilyStore(Table.java:160)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(Table.java:374)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceByNamesReadCommand.getRow(SliceByNamesReadCommand.java:58)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$LocalReadRunnable.runMayThrow(StorageProxy.java:766
)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1234)
        ... 3 more

I tried repeatedly after various nodetool incantations but never succeeded.  Although I know
it -can- work.  It worked at least once, but I had to rollback to 1.0.6 though, because I
found 1.1.0 was using the new SnappyCompression.  But my target OS is Solaris, and there's
only 3 included libraries in the jar for SnappyCompression - Solaris not included.  So I had
to update all my column family creation code to explicitly set compression to the previous
JavaDeflate default.  That new default was annoying.

Ron


Mime
View raw message