incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Error deleting column families with 1.1
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 10:30:07 GMT
Here it is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4230

Please let me know if you need further info.

Best regards,
André

On May 8, 2012, at 23:55 , aaron morton wrote:

> Could you please create a ticket for this on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
> 
> Please include:
> * operating system
> * keyspace / column family definition
> * output of of "ls -lah" for the "/var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/" directory after
the error occurs.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
> 
> On 8/05/2012, at 9:00 AM, André Cruz wrote:
> 
>> Hello.
>> 
>> Since I upgraded to Cassandra 1.1, I get the following error when trying to delete
a CF. After this happens the CF is not accessible anymore, but I cannot create another one
with the same name until I restart the server.
>> 
>> INFO [MigrationStage:1] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,682 ColumnFamilyStore.java (line 634)
Enqueuing flush of Memtable-schema_columnfamilies@1128094887(978/1222 serialized/live bytes,
21 ops)
>> INFO [FlushWriter:2] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,682 Memtable.java (line 266) Writing Memtable-schema_columnfamilies@1128094887(978/1222
serialized/live bytes, 21 ops)
>> INFO [FlushWriter:2] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,720 Memtable.java (line 307) Completed flushing
/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hc-28-Data.db
(1041 bytes)
>> INFO [MigrationStage:1] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,721 ColumnFamilyStore.java (line 634)
Enqueuing flush of Memtable-schema_columns@1599271050(392/490 serialized/live bytes, 8 ops)
>> INFO [FlushWriter:2] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,722 Memtable.java (line 266) Writing Memtable-schema_columns@1599271050(392/490
serialized/live bytes, 8 ops)
>> INFO [CompactionExecutor:8] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,722 CompactionTask.java (line 114)
Compacting [SSTableReader(path='/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hc-26-Data.db'),
>> SSTableReader(path='/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hc-28-Data.db'),
SSTableReader(path='/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfam
>> ilies-hc-27-Data.db'), SSTableReader(path='/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hc-25-Data.db')]
>> INFO [FlushWriter:2] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,806 Memtable.java (line 307) Completed flushing
/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columns/system-schema_columns-hc-23-Data.db (447 bytes)
>> INFO [CompactionExecutor:8] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,811 CompactionTask.java (line 225)
Compacted to [/var/lib/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hc-29-Data.db,].
 24,797 to 21,431
>> (~86% of original) bytes for 2 keys at 0.232252MB/s.  Time: 88ms.
>> ERROR [MigrationStage:1] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,895 CLibrary.java (line 158) Unable
to create hard link
>> com.sun.jna.LastErrorException: errno was 17
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary.link(Native Method)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary.createHardLink(CLibrary.java:150)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.Directories.snapshotLeveledManifest(Directories.java:343)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshotWithoutFlush(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1450)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshot(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1483)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.dropColumnFamily(DefsTable.java:512)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeColumnFamilies(DefsTable.java:403)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeSchema(DefsTable.java:270)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager$1.call(MigrationManager.java:214)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> ERROR [Thrift:17] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,898 CustomTThreadPoolServer.java (line 204)
Error occurred during processing of message.
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOError:
java.io.IOException: Unable to create hard link from /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json
to /var/lib/cassandra/data/
>> Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json (errno 17)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.waitOnFuture(FBUtilities.java:372)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager.announce(MigrationManager.java:191)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager.announceColumnFamilyDrop(MigrationManager.java:182)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.system_drop_column_family(CassandraServer.java:948)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor$system_drop_column_family.getResult(Cassandra.java:3348)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor$system_drop_column_family.getResult(Cassandra.java:3336)
>> at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:32)
>> at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:34)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:186)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOError: java.io.IOException:
Unable to create hard link from /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json to /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json
(errno 17)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.waitOnFuture(FBUtilities.java:368)
>> ... 11 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOError: java.io.IOException: Unable to create hard link from
/var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json to /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json
(errno 17)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshotWithoutFlush(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1454)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshot(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1483)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.dropColumnFamily(DefsTable.java:512)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeColumnFamilies(DefsTable.java:403)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeSchema(DefsTable.java:270)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager$1.call(MigrationManager.java:214)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>> ... 3 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to create hard link from /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json
to /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json (errno
17)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary.createHardLink(CLibrary.java:163)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.Directories.snapshotLeveledManifest(Directories.java:343)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshotWithoutFlush(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1450)
>> ... 10 more
>> ERROR [MigrationStage:1] 2012-05-07 18:10:12,899 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line
134) Exception in thread Thread[MigrationStage:1,5,main]
>> java.io.IOError: java.io.IOException: Unable to create hard link from /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json
to /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json (errno
17)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshotWithoutFlush(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1454)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshot(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1483)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.dropColumnFamily(DefsTable.java:512)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeColumnFamilies(DefsTable.java:403)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.DefsTable.mergeSchema(DefsTable.java:270)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager$1.call(MigrationManager.java:214)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to create hard link from /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/Client.json
to /var/lib/cassandra/data/Disco/Client/snapshots/1336410612893-Client/Client.json (errno
17)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary.createHardLink(CLibrary.java:163)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.Directories.snapshotLeveledManifest(Directories.java:343)
>> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.snapshotWithoutFlush(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1450)
>> ... 10 more
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> I've tried recreating the data dirs, to see if this was some kind of permissions
problem, but the error happens every time and with any CF. Has anyone seen this error?
>> 
>> I'm using the Cassandra Debian package on Debian squeeze and the Sun JVM (build 1.6.0_26-b03).
>> 
>> Best regards,
>> André
>> 
> 


Mime
View raw message