From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: JNA + Cassandra security
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 01:45:11 GMT
> If you've disabled swap on a machine what is the reason to use JNA?
JNA will still be used to efficiently make hard links for snapshots. It's not necessary to
lock the JVM memory when swap is disabled.

> A second question is doesn't JNA break the Java inherent security mechanisms by allowing
access to direct system calls outside of the JVM?  Are there any concerns around this?

Anyone else have an answer?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/05/2012, at 12:49 PM, Cord MacLeod wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I'm a new Cassandra and Java user so I'm still trying to get my head around a few things.
 If you've disabled swap on a machine what is the reason to use JNA?  A second question is