From "Pierre Chalamet" <pie...@chalamet.net>
Subject Re: commitlog_sync_batch_window_in_ms change in 0.7
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 15:32:07 GMT
Hi,

Using nodetool for each node one by one:
1. disablethrift
2. drain
3. Shutdown your daemon
4. Modify the config
5. Restart the node

You won't lose the data on your nodes - clients might see a node down, it is usually not a
problem if your c* client is smart enough. You also won't lose updates while performing your
operations if the cl is quorum (and have enough replicas).

------Original Message------
From: osishkin osishkin
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
ReplyTo: user@cassandra.apache.org
ReplyTo: osishkin@gmail.com
Subject: commitlog_sync_batch_window_in_ms change in 0.7
Sent: May 28, 2012 15:53

I'm experimenting with Cassandra 0.7 for some time now.

I want to increase the value of commitlog_sync_batch_window_in_ms,
without losing previous data.
I can shut down my cluster, but I don't want to have the nodes ignore
it due to some schema misoconfiguration etc when I get it up again.

I apologize if this was asked before, but I did not see a clear guide
for achieving something like this.
Can someone please help?

Thank you

- Pierre