From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: commitlog_sync_batch_window_in_ms change in 0.7
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 04:54:22 GMT
also nodetool disablegossip to stop other nodes sending requests to the one you are about to
shut down.

> I can shut down my cluster, but I don't want to have the nodes ignore
> it due to some schema misoconfiguration etc when I get it up again.
if you do a rolling restart the *cluster* will not lose any writes, but individual nodes will.

This is by design. Hinted Handoff, Read Repair and the Consistency Level will take care of
things.

Also, +1 for using cassandra 1.1
Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 29/05/2012, at 3:32 AM, Pierre Chalamet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using nodetool for each node one by one:
> 1. disablethrift
> 2. drain
> 3. Shutdown your daemon
> 4. Modify the config
> 5. Restart the node
>
> You won't lose the data on your nodes - clients might see a node down, it is usually
not a problem if your c* client is smart enough. You also won't lose updates while performing
your operations if the cl is quorum (and have enough replicas).