From Roshan <>
Subject Cassandra 1.0.6 multi data center read question
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 05:51:56 GMT

I have setup an Cassandra cluster in production and a separate cluster in
our DR environment. The setup is basically 2 data center setup.

I want to create a separate keyspace on production (production has some
other keyspaces) and only that keyspace will sync the data with DR.

If I do a read operation on the production, will that read operation goes to
DR as well? If so can I disable that call?

My primary purpose is to keep the DR upto date and won't to communicate the
production with DR.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message