From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair requirement
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:26:48 GMT
Personally I would.

Repair is *the* was to ensure data is fully distributed. Hinted Hand Off and Read Repair are
considered optimisations designed to reduce the chance of an inconsistency during a read.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/05/2012, at 4:57 AM, Igor wrote:

> On 05/13/2012 07:18 PM, Thanh Ha wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Do I have to do maintenance "nodetool repair" on CFs that do not have
>> deletions?
>
> Probably you should (depending how you do reads), if your nodes for some reasons have
different data (like connectivity problems, node down, etc).