On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
Take a look at the key cache hit rate in nodetool cfstats.

One approach is to increase the cache size until you do not see a matching increase in the hit rate.

Thanks Aaron, what do you think will be the ideal cache hit ratio where we want this particular DB server to do around 5-6K responses per second? right now it is doing just 2-3K per second and the cache hit ratio I can see with cfstats is around the 85-90%. Do you think having a higher cache hit ratio around the 95% mark will help with getting a high throughput as well?

cheers,
Shoaib