I have a cluster of four nodes all running on single machine. If I just do "create keyspace DEMO" CLI gives me the same error that original post says.

If I use create the keyspace with the options you mentioned it works just fine but the proble is it is not getting reflected on other nodes in the cluster.

-Gopala