From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Listen and RPC address
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:00:22 GMT
Background: "Configuration" section http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

I *think* you can get by with changing the rpc_port and storage_port for the bulkl loader
config. If that does not work create another loop back interface and bind the bulk loader
to it…

sudo ifconfig lo0 alias 127.0.0.2 up

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 9/04/2012, at 8:31 PM, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have three nodes cluster with having listen address as xxx.xx.1.101, xxx.xx.1.102,
xxx.xx.1.103 and Rpc address to be xxx.xx.1.111, xxx.xx.1.112, xxx.xx.1.113. rpc_port and
storage_port are 9160 and 7000 respectively.

> Now when I run sstableloader tool I get following error:
>
> org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: /xxx.xx.1.101:7000 is in use by another
process.  Change listen_address:storage_port in cassandra.yaml to values that do not conflict
with other service.

> Can someone help me with what am I missing in configuration.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Rishabh Agarawal
>

> Impetus to sponsor and exhibit at Structure Data 2012, NY; Mar 21-22. Know more about
our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

> New Impetus webcast ‘Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-à-vis On-premise’ available
at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

interception or interference.