From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Two Random Ports in Private port range
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:04:25 GMT
If you've seen Lord of the Rings and can remember the scene where Frodo has to pass the spider
you will be well equipped to understand JMX ports.

The ports are randomly opened…
"A common problem with RMI and firewall is that the JMX default agent will not let you specify
which port to use to export the server's RMI stub. "
https://blogs.oracle.com/jmxetc/entry/troubleshooting_connection_problems_in_jconsole

Cheers
p.s. In the analogy above you are Frodo, not the Spider.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com