From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: insert data in cassandra from .net..
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 18:29:02 GMT
> but using insert query of cql is not working because i have fields in my table which has
null values for the columns and cassandra would not take null values.

You do not need to insert the null values. How they are handled depends on the .net client
you are using.  If you really want to insert them try using an empty string.

For background here is a good post about using cassandra on windows with links to a couple
of .net client libraries…

http://kellabyte.com/2012/02/13/getting-started-using-apache-cassandra/

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/04/2012, at 6:31 PM, puneet loya wrote:

> I m able to connect cassandra and fetch rows from the  cassandra database.
>
> Now i want to insert the data from .net on to cassandra
>
> but using insert query of cql is not working because i have fields in my table which
has null values for the columns and cassandra would not take null values.

> So now i have to query it the other way.. i.e, i can use set [key] [column name] = column
value;

> but can i send this command from .net to cassandra.
>

> I mean we have execute_cql_query() for interacting in a cql way, is there anything available
for the other way? that is the commands we execute on cassandra-cli.bat ?