From "Mucklow, Blaine (GE Energy)" <Blaine.Muck...@ge.com>
Subject Pycassa help?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:41:31 GMT
Hi all,

I had a lot of success using Java+Hector, but was trying to migrate to pycassa and was having
some 'simple' issues.  What I am trying to do is create a column family where the following
occurs:
KEY-> String ColumnName-> LongType ColumnValue-> DoubleType

Basically this is time series data for an 'id'.  I had no problems with this in Hector but
am struggling in pycassa.  I have the following code snippets:

system.create_column_family(keyspace=keyspace,name=columnfamily,comparator_type=BytesType)
system.close()
//Iterative loop to build my time series data
columns[long(ms_since_epoch)] = float(measurement)
//After loop
col_family.insert(key=id,columns=columns)

I then get the following error:
TypeError: A str or unicode value was expected, but long was received instead (1321574400)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Blaine Mucklow