From ruslan usifov <ruslan.usi...@gmail.com>
Subject upgrade from cassandra 0.8 to 1.0
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 22:19:12 GMT
Hello

It's looks that cassandra 1.0.x is stable, and have interesting things like
offheap memtables and row cashes, so we want to upgrade to 1.0 version from
0.8. Is it possible to do without cluster downtime (while we upgrade all
nodes)? I mean follow: when we begin upgrade at some point in working
cluster will be mix of 0.8 (nodes that are not upgraded yet) and 1.0(nodes
that already upgraded) so i am concerned about this situation, i.e.
communications between nodes can be broken because  version communication
protocol incompatibilies