From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a second datacenter
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:24:19 GMT
I just followed the step outlined in this email thread to add a second data
center to my existing cluster.  I am running 1.0.8.  Each data center has a
replication factor of 2.  I am using local quorum for read and write.

Everything went smoothly until I ran the last step, which is to run
nodetool repair on all the nodes in the new data center.  Repair is hanging
on all the new nodes.  I had to hit control-C to break out of it.  I do see
repair and AntiEntropySession messages in system.log.  I also see some
"Received merkle tree" message, and it does look like some data is being
added to the new node.  But repair never returns and there are no new
messages in system.log.

I ran repair a second time but it is still hanging.

Did I missed anything or did something wrong?  How do I recover from this?

Bill