From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals" operator
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 03:19:03 GMT
Check there is a single schema version on the cluster, in the cassandra-cli use

describe cluster;

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/04/2012, at 3:33 AM, mdione.ext@orange.com wrote:

> De : mdione.ext@orange.com [mailto:mdione.ext@orange.com]
>>  Should I understand that when the indexes are finished being built a)
>> the «Built indexes» list should be empty and b) there should be no pending
>> compactions? Because that's exactly what I have now but I still can't
>> use the column HBX_FIL_STATUS in the where clause...
>
>  Ok, answering myself a little: it's more strange than that. When indexes are
> finished being built, they appear in the list, and there should be no compactions
> or anything else in «nodetool compactionstats», or at least none related to indexes.
>
>  Also useful: you'll see this type of messages in the system log (if the log level
> is low enough):
>
> INFO [Creating index: hbx_file_test2.hbx_file_test2_hbx_fil_date_idx] 2012-04-25 16:04:48,666
SecondaryIndex.java (line 191) Index build of hbx_file_test2.hbx_file_test2_hbx_fil_date_idx
complete

>  Now, back to my problem. We have a 6 node cluster in 2 datacenters,
> the KS has a CF of 4 (2 in each DC). I created the index in node 1, but
> node 4 did all the work (we have log level down to debug, so we can see
> these kind of things, and also the creation appears in the output of
> «nodetool compactionstats» as noted above). We have seen similar messages
> in 4 nodes, but not all 6. And now we can make the query on any of the 4
> nodes with success.
>
>  But, and of course there's a but, we can't in the other 2, we still
> get the error in the subject. And of course we see a difference in
> for the 4 nodes where the query works, and «Built indexes: []».
>
>  No surprises there, except that it doesn't make any sense to us.
> How to continue?
>
> --
> Marcos Dione
> SysAdmin
> Astek Sud-Est
> pour FT/TGPF/OPF/PORTAIL/DOP/HEBEX @ Marco Polo
> 04 97 12 62 45 - mdione.ext@orange.com

> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou
privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, veuillez le signaler
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques
etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie. Merci.

> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that
may be protected by law;
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
and its attachments.
> As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.