From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Crash by truncate with cassandra 1.1
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:35:32 GMT
Try upgrading to the newest JVM first. Can you also say what version you were using ?

If you still get the problem create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
with the steps to reproduce.

Please include the OS version, RAM size, JVM information, commit_log_segment_size from the
yaml.

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 30/04/2012, at 10:33 PM, Pierre Chalamet wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> No, I just avoid truncating for the moment L (I’m adding CQL prepared statement to
Cassandra-Sharp).

> It’s a bit strange anyway, JVM options are:
> set JAVA_OPTS=-ea^
> -javaagent:"%CASSANDRA_HOME%\lib\jamm-0.2.5.jar"^
> -Xms1G^
> -Xmx1G^
> -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError^
> -XX:+UseParNewGC^
> -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC^
> -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled^
> -XX:SurvivorRatio=8^
> -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1^
> -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75^
> -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly^
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7199^
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false^
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false^
> -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-server.properties^
> -Dlog4j.defaultInitOverride=true
>
> That’s the default config in Cassandra.bat of Cassandra 1.1 - but 1 Gig, should be
sufficient for light tests.
> There’s absolutely nothing in the store, just executing the 3 commands through the
cli after the node started makes it crash (and running out of memory).