From Fredrik <fredrik.l.stigb...@sitevision.se>
Subject Question regarding major compaction.
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:50:01 GMT
In the tuning documentation regarding Cassandra, it's recomended not to
run major compactions.
I understand what a major compaction is all about but I'd like an in
depth explanation as to why reads "will continually degrade until the
next major compaction is manually invoked".

 From the doc:
"So while read performance will be good immediately following a major
compaction, it will continually degrade until the next major compaction
is manually invoked. For this reason, major compaction is NOT
recommended by DataStax."

Regards
/Fredrik