From Deno Vichas <d...@syncopated.net>
Subject Re: Taking a Cluster Wide Snapshot
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:59:40 GMT
there's no prerequisite for unique names.  each node's snapshot gets
tar'ed up and then copied over to a directory the name of the hostname
of the node.  then those dirs are tar'ed and copied to S3.

what i haven't tried yet is to untar everything for all nodes into a
single node cluster.  i'm assuming i can get tar to replace or skip
existing file so i end up with a set of unique files.  can somebody
confirm this?