From Deno Vichas <d...@syncopated.net>
Subject Re: EC2 Best Practices
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:11:24 GMT
has anybody written up anything related to recovery for fails in EC2?

this morning i woke up to find 1 (of 4) nodes marked as unreachable.  i
used the datastax (1.0.7) ami to set up my cluster and the node that
fail had the token id of 0 (this is the seed node - right?).  the docs
says to replace a failed node to set the token to failed node - 1, which
i don't think would work.  luckily rebooting the machine

but i'm left with the question of what should i do if node with the
token ID of 0 fails and should i even have a node with that ID.

thanks,
deno