From Maxim Potekhin <potek...@bnl.gov>
Subject a very simple indexing question (strange thing seen in CLI)
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 00:48:26 GMT
Greetings,
Cassandra 0.8.8 is used.

I'm trying to create an additional CF which is trivial in all respects.
Just ascii columns and a few indexes.

This is how I add an index:
update column family files with column_metadata = [{column_name : '1',
validation_class : AsciiType, index_type : 0, index_name : 'pandaid'}];

When I do "show keyspaces", I see this:

     ColumnFamily: files
       Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Default column value validator:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
       Row cache size / save period in seconds: 0.0/0
       Row Cache Provider:
org.apache.cassandra.cache.ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider
       Key cache size / save period in seconds: 200000.0/14400
       Memtable thresholds: 2.2828125/1440/487 (millions of ops/minutes/MB)
       GC grace seconds: 864000
       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
       Read repair chance: 1.0
       Replicate on write: true
       Built indexes: [files.pandaid]
       Column Metadata:
         Column Name:  (01)
           Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
           Index Name: pandaid
           Index Type: KEYS

First off, why do I see (01)? I have a similar CF where I just see "1".
Before inserting the data, I did "assume" to ascii
on the keys, comparator and validator. The index has been built. When I
try to access the data via the index, I get this:
[default@PANDA] get files where '1'='1460103677';
InvalidRequestException(why:No indexed columns present in index clause
with operator EQ)

What is happening? Sorry for the admittedly trivial question, obviously
I'm stuck with something quite simple
which I managed to do with zero effort in the past.

Maxim