From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to update column's TTL only?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:52:22 GMT
You cannot set the the TTL without also setting the column value.

Could you keep a record of future deletes in a CF and then action them as a batch process
?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/04/2012, at 2:00 PM, 金剑 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to leverage Cassandra's expiration to manage our data's lifecycle. We need
to: Delete data after a period, like: 1 hour , when user clicked the "Delete" button.

> We need to read and insert the column in order to update the TTL, but this is unacceptable
in our system that might need to readout gigabytes of data.