From "sj.climber" <sj.clim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long start-up times
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:47:54 GMT
Thanks, Edward.

What do you suppose a reasonable value for index_interval might be?  If I'm
anyways setting keys_cached to 1.0, what would the implications be of
setting index_interval very high (perhaps 1000, 10000 or even higher--my
data set involves a large number of smallish rows)?  I imagine the first
read for a given key would have higher latency, but subsequent reads would
be unaffected (since they would use the key cache), no?

Also, I see in 1.0.9 there's a fix for a potentially related issue (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4023).  Any thoughts on
this?

Thanks again!