From Jake Luciani <jak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write performance compared to Postgresql
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:27:33 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Writing serially over one connection will be slower. If you run many threads hitting the server
at once you will see throughput improve.

Jake

On Apr 3, 2012, at 7:08 AM, Jeff Williams <jeffw@wherethebitsroam.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at cassandra for a logging application. We currently log to a Postgresql
database.

> I set up 2 cassandra servers for testing. I did a benchmark where I had 100 hashes representing
logs entries, read from a json file. I then looped over these to do 10,000 log inserts. I
repeated the same writing to a postgresql instance on one of the cassandra servers. The script
is attached. The cassandra writes appear to perform a lot worse. Is this expected?