From "Pierre Chalamet" <pie...@chalamet.net>
Subject RE: Crash by truncate with cassandra 1.1
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:33:37 GMT
Hi Aaron,

No, I just avoid truncating for the moment L (I'm adding CQL prepared
statement to Cassandra-Sharp).

It's a bit strange anyway, JVM options are:

set JAVA_OPTS=-ea^

-javaagent:"%CASSANDRA_HOME%\lib\jamm-0.2.5.jar"^

-Xms1G^

-Xmx1G^

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError^

-XX:+UseParNewGC^

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC^

-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled^

-XX:SurvivorRatio=8^

-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1^

-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75^

-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly^

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7199^

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false^

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false^

-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-server.properties^

-Dlog4j.defaultInitOverride=true

That's the default config in Cassandra.bat of Cassandra 1.1 - but 1 Gig,
should be sufficient for light tests.

There's absolutely nothing in the store, just executing the 3 commands
through the cli after the node started makes it crash (and running out of
memory).

I can upgrade my JVM but this one was OK with 0.8 and 1.0.

- Pierre