I updated the FAQ to the best of my ability:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#modify_cf_config

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM, R. Verlangen <robin@us2.nl> wrote:
If you want to modify a column family, just open the command line interface (cassandra-cli), connect to a node (probably: "connect localhost/9160;").

When you have to create your first keyspace type: "create keyspace MyKeyspace;"

For modifying an existing keyspace type: "use MyKeyspace;"

If you need more information you can just type "help;"

Good luck!