expensive :-) I was expecting to start with 2GB nodes, if not 1GB for intial.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
As others said, depends on load and traffic and all sorts of thins.

if you want a number, 4Gb would me a reasonable minimum IMHO. (You may get by with less).  8Gb is about the tops.
Any memory not allocated to Cassandra  will be used to map files into memory.

If you can get machines with 8GB ram thats a reasonable start.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton