It is my understanding that Hector does it as well (you can send true to state you want to wait for schema agreement).

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

Inline image 1

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Carlo Pires <carlopires@gmail.com> wrote:
After adding a column family you must code your app to wait until schema versions became 1 in the cluster to add a new row. This is something that must be solved in the application layer.

In pycassa (python api) the system manager code already do this. I don't know about others clients.