Truncate uses RPC timeout, which is in my case set to 10 seconds (I want even less) and it's not enough. I've seen in sources TODO for this case.
created

Is it possible to flush only required CF for truncate, not all? This could improve truncate time.
see code comments here https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/ColumnFamilyStore.java#L1681

AFAIK truncate is not considered a regular operation. (All nodes must be online for example)

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

Truncate uses RPC timeout, which is in my case set to 10 seconds (I want even less) and it's not enough. I've seen in sources TODO for this case.

What I found is that truncate starting flush for all memtables for all CFs, not only for a CF to be truncated. When there're a lot of CFs to be flushed, it takes time.

Is it possible to flush only required CF for truncate, not all? This could improve truncate time.

Best regards,
Viktor