From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: cli question
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:58:16 GMT
I faced the same issue some time back. Solution which fit my bill is as follows:

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY aaa
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type)'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and key_validation_class = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type,UTF8Type,)';

notice I have mentioned three datatypes or validators in key_validation_class under CompositeType.

Now if I have to insert with key aaa:bbb:ccc it will work smoothly and even if I wish to insert
with just aaa:bbb it will work just fine.

Do let me know if it solves your problem.

Regards
RIshabh Agrawal

From: Tamar Fraenkel [mailto:tamar@tok-media.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 1:19 PM
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: cli question

Hi!
I have CF with the following deffinition:

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY a_b_indx
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(LongType,UUIDType)'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and key_validation_class = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type)';

Where the key may be a composite of the following two strings: 'AAA' and 'BBB:CCC'
Notice, that the second string has ':' in it.
I try to query for rows I know exist in the CF but can't.
I tried those and many more :)

  *   get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB:CCC'];
  *   get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB\:CCC'];
  *   get  a_b_indx [utf8('AAA'):utf8('BBB:CCC')];

Is it possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media
[Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com<mailto:tamar@tok-media.com>
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

Impetus' Head of Innovation labs, Vineet Tyagi will be presenting on 'Big Data Big Costs?'
at the Strata Conference, CA (Feb 28 - Mar 1) http://bit.ly/bSMWd7.

Listen to our webcast 'Hybrid Approach to Extend Web Apps to Tablets & Smartphones' available
at http://bit.ly/yQC1oD.

or interference.