From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: composite query performance depends on component ordering
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:35:33 GMT
Can you post the details of the queries you are running, including the methodology of the tests
?

(Here is the methodology I used to time queries previously http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/)

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 31/03/2012, at 1:29 AM, Alexandru Sicoe wrote:

> Hi guys,
>  I am consistently seeing a 20% improvement in query retrieval times if I use the composite
comparator "Timestamp:ID" instead of "ID:Timestamp" where Timestamp=Long and ID=~100 character
strings. I am retrieving all columns  (~1 million) from a single row. Why is this happening?