From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: multi region EC2
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:45:17 GMT
I'm kind of guessing here because it's not something I've done before. Obviously test things
first…

The NTS with a single DC and a single Rack will place data in the same location as the Simple
Strategy. You *should* be able to change the replication strategy from, say, SS with RF 3
to NTS with RF 3 in a single DC with a single Rack.

I think you can also migrate to using multiple racks under NTS, but I would need to double
check the code.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/03/2012, at 11:31 AM, Deno Vichas wrote:

> On 3/26/2012 2:15 PM, aaron morton wrote:
>>> - can i migrate the replication strategy one node at a time or do i need to shut
to the whole cluster to do this?