From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance overhead when using start and end columns
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 01:25:00 GMT
I have rows with around 2K-50K columns but when I do a query I only need to
fetch few columns between start and end columns. I was wondering what
performance overhead does it cause by using slice query with start and end
columns?

Looking at the code it looks like when you give start and end column it
goes in IndexSliceReader logic, but it's hard to tell how much overhead on
an average one would see? Or is it even worth worrying about?