From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Long type rows to a CF containing Integer(32) type row keys, without overlapping ?
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:47:39 GMT
I have been writing rows to a CF all with integer(4 byte) keys. So my CF
contains rows with keys in the entire range from Integer.MIN_VALUE to
Integer.MAX_VALUE.

Now I want to store Long type keys as well in this CF **without disturbing
the integer keys. The range of Long type keys would be excluding the
integers's range ie  (-2^63  to -2^31) and (2^31 to 2^63).

Would it be safe to mix the integer & long keys in single CF without them
overlapping/disturbing each other (assuming that keys lie in above domains)
?