From Yiming Sun <yiming....@gmail.com>
Subject what other ports than 7199 need to be open for nodetool to work?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:42:59 GMT
Hi,

We opened port 7199 on a cassandra node, but were unable to get a nodetool
to talk to it remotely unless we turn off the firewall entirely.  So what
other ports should be opened for this -- online posts all indicate that JMX
uses a random dynamic port, which would be difficult to create a firewall
exception unless writing a custom java agent.  So we just wondering if
cassandra nodetool uses a specific port/port range.  Thanks.

-- Y.