From Shoaib Mir <shoaib...@gmail.com>
Subject cassandra-cli and "uncreachable" status confusion
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:07:45 GMT
Hi guys,

While creating schema on our cluster today I didn't get any errors even
when some of the hosts in the cluster were unreachable (not the ones in the
same data centre but in another region). cli kept on showing all nodes
agreeing where all nodes were agreeing.

Now after this when I did "describe cluster" I did get appropriate
"unreachable" messages for the nodes that were timing out on connections.

Can someone please explain if at the time of schema creation does the nodes
just talk to other nodes within the DC for agreement or it has to talk to
each and every node within the whole cluster before agreeing on schema
changes?

cheers,
Shoaib