From "Tiwari, Dushyant" <Dushyant.Tiw...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Mutation Dropped Messages
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:32:20 GMT
Hi All,

While benchmarking Cassandra I found "Mutation Dropped" messages in the logs.  Now I know
this is a good old question. It will be really great if someone can provide a check list to
recover when such a thing happens. I am looking for answers of the following questions  -

1.       Which parameters to tune in the config files? - Especially looking for heavy writes

2.       What is the difference between TimedOutException and silently dropping mutation messages
while operating on a CL of QUORUM.

Regards,
Dushyant

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.