From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: multi region EC2
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:27:23 GMT

I've switched from SS to NTS on 1.0.x on a single-az cluster with RF3 (which obviously created
a single-dc, single-rack NTS cluster). Worked without a hitch. Also switched from SimpleSnitch
to Ec2Snitch on-the-fly. I had about 12GB of data per node.

Of course, your mileage may vary, so while I can report that it has been done successfully,
I'd still recommend testing it out first...

/Janne

On Mar 31, 2012, at 22:45 , aaron morton wrote:

> I'm kind of guessing here because it's not something I've done before. Obviously test
things first…

> The NTS with a single DC and a single Rack will place data in the same location as the
Simple Strategy. You *should* be able to change the replication strategy from, say, SS with
RF 3 to NTS with RF 3 in a single DC with a single Rack.

> I think you can also migrate to using multiple racks under NTS, but I would need to double
check the code.

> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com

to shut to the whole cluster to do this?