From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Adding Long type rows to a CF containing Integer(32) type row keys, without overlapping ?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:53:10 GMT
Only if you reuse a  row key.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/03/2012, at 6:38 AM, Ertio Lew wrote:

> I need to use the range beyond the integer32 type range,  so I am using Long to write
those keys. I am afraid if this might lead to collisions with the previously  stored integer
keys in the same CF even if I leave out the int32 type range.

?
> Not sure what you mean by overlapping.
>
> 42 as a int and 42 as a long are the same key.
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 25/03/2012, at 9:47 PM, Ertio Lew wrote:
>
>> I have been writing rows to a CF all with integer(4 byte) keys. So my CF contains
rows with keys in the entire range from Integer.MIN_VALUE to Integer.MAX_VALUE.

>> Now I want to store Long type keys as well in this CF **without disturbing the integer
keys. The range of Long type keys would be excluding the integers's range ie  (-2^63  to -2^31)
and (2^31 to 2^63).