From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Performance overhead when using start and end columns
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:18:39 GMT
Some information on query plans
http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/

Tl;Dr; Select columns with no start, in the natural Comparator order.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/03/2012, at 2:25 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> I have rows with around 2K-50K columns but when I do a query I only need to fetch few
columns between start and end columns. I was wondering what performance overhead does it cause
by using slice query with start and end columns?

> Looking at the code it looks like when you give start and end column it goes in IndexSliceReader
logic, but it's hard to tell how much overhead on an average one would see? Or is it even
worth worrying about?